LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building sessions are for those with executive function deficits, ADHD, ADD, learning disabilities, and other learning challenges.
The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our coaches work on with students include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building:
Our program empowers young adults to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the “nagging” role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of Special Educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their coaching sessions, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
LDA’s Executive Function Skill Building 6-hour Course with a cohort middle or high school peers grades 6-8 and 9-12. Youth receive additional time and instruction in a small group of their peers.
LDA’s fall schedule includes sessions for high school students and middle school students.
Fall Course 1: Required dates are
- September 18th and 25th
- October 2, 9, 16, and 23rd
Fall Course 2: Required dates are
- November 6, 13, and 27th
- December 4, 11, and 18th
Fall Course 3: Required dates are
- November 8, 15, and 29th
- December 6, 13, and 20th
Sessions are offered in the evening
- High School from 4:00-5:00 pm
- Middle School from 5:15-6:15 pm
Sessions are held at LDA Minnesota. Our special educators will be providing instruction using research-based strategies and help to customize these skills for each youth participant.
Price: $330 for 6 hours of service (6 sessions). Contact us to sign up for your preferred session or call 952-582-6000.