Who should attend?
This workshop was designed for special education teachers. Participants must have prior knowledge and experience administering standardized norm-referenced assessments, or knowledge of assessments. Participants are encouraged to bring their school test, or the trainer will provide test materials.
Mary Beth Kelley, M.A., Special Educator/Program Developer, directs LDA Minnesota’s Assessment program, overseeing a team of psychologists and education specialists who administer assessments to identify academic strengths and weaknesses and to diagnose learning disabilities and/or ADHD. Mary Beth holds a Masters of Arts in Education from Bethel College and holds K-12 licenses in three categories: Specific Learning Disabilities, Mild to Moderate Mentally Handicapped, and Emotional & Behavioral Disorders.
Trainings on September 22nd or November 10th will be held at LDA Minnesota, located off of Highway 55 and Highway 100 in Golden Valley at 6100 Golden Valley Road, Golden Valley. Free and convenient parking. District trainings can be held at LDA Minnesota's office or a location of the districts choosing.
All participants will have access to a Woodcock-Johnson easel to learn the new features of the WJ IV, including:
- WJ IV Academic Achievement: Several new reading clusters increase the diagnostic sophistication of the WJ IV ACH. These include Broad Oral Language, Phonetic Coding, Speed of Lexical Access and Vocabulary.
- WJ IV Oral Language. A dedicated test easel contains a set of oral language and language-related measures that comprise an important diagnostic supplement to the WJ IV COG and WJ IV ACH.
- Hands on experience with the actual test.
- Intermittent scoring activities amongst subtests.
- Case studies discussed throughout.
- CEUs are available!
September 22, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or
November 10, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration is $295 per person or $250 each for two or more people from the same school district. Lunch, snacks and beverages provided. Register online, or call LDA at 952-582-6000 for more information.