The sessions help students build the skills necessary to be successful and independent learners in middle school, high school and post-secondary education. Some of the skills our coaches work on with students include:
- Organizing materials such as notebooks, folders, assignments, personal planners
- Organizing information such as note-taking and summarizing
- Study skills, with practice applied to current assignments and curriculum
- Time management including task analysis
Benefits of LDA's Executive Function Skill Building:
Our program empowers young adults to:
- Improve organization and time management skills
- Learn to prioritize
- Develop independence
- Discover and maximize their strengths
- Learn important self-advocacy skills
- Increase confidence
Parents will benefit by:
- Removing themselves from the "nagging" role
- Taking homework and time management issues out of their relationship with their child
- Empowering their child to take on greater responsibility
Our team of Special Educators and ADHD experts will help each student by developing specific goals for their coaching sessions, including goals for utilizing their new skills within their current academic setting.
New this year! Sign up for our Executive Function Skill Building 4-week Course with a co-hort middle or high school peers grades 6-8 and 9-12. Youth will receive additional time and instruction over four consecutive Saturday sessions.
Sessions for high school students will held in March 2017 at LDA Minnesota from 1:30 -3:00pm. Contact LDA if you are interested in the high school sessions.
Sessions for middle school students will be held in March 2017 at LDA Minnesota from 3:30pm - 5:00pm. Contact LDA if you are interested in the middle school sessions.
Each Saturday session will be 90 minutes here at LDA Minnesota. Our special educators will be providing instruction on specific strategies and help to customize these skills for each youth participant.
Price: $280 for 6 hours of service over 4 sessions.
Or, sign up for our traditional one-to-one service. We suggest starting out with 5 sessions and determining if goals have been met by the 5th session or if additional sessions are needed. If you sign up for 5 sessions, LDA will include three follow-up contacts to help ensure skills and strategies are continuing to be implemented after the coaching sessions are complete.
Price: $70/session (45 minutes of direct service and 15 minutes of follow-up communications)
Package of 5 sessions and follow-up: $350
If you are interested in our Executive Function Skill Building services, please email Eve Wolfe with your name, address and telephone number or call 952-582-6000.