Q: What is the difference between a school administered assessment and LDA's Learning Assessment?
A: School assessments focus on determining student eligibility for special education services. LDA's assessments are more comprehensive, including the diagnosis of a learning disability, which may qualify the student for testing or classroom accommodations.
Q. What does an ADHD (attention, hyperactivity and/or impulsivity) assessment include?
A: LDA's ADHD assessment includes the learning assessment, evaluation of behavioral symptoms in different settings, direct observation by a licensed psychologist, and screening for co-existing conditions.
Q: Can I use my medical insurance or health care flex spending account to pay for the assessment?
A: LDA Minnesota assessment services may be reimburseable by your medical or health insurance plan. LDA does not submit insurance claims, but we are available to guide clients, as needed, through the process of filing for insurance reimbursement. Clients are responsible for full payment to LDA and may choose to submit to their insurance company for any applicable reimbursements.
We offer these sample questions that you can ask your insurance company to help you determine if they will reimburse you for any portion of the assessment:
- Does my policy cover assessments to determine the existence of a learning disorder?
- (Or, for ADD & ADHD) Does my policy cover assessments to determine the existence of ADHD? If so, what if the diagnosis doesn’t include ADHD?
- If insurance covers either of above, then you should ask…
- Is a prior authorization required? If so, what is required of the provider to make determination?
- Is a diagnostic assessment prior to the testing required?
- Am I required to see an “in network” psychologist or is my coverage different if I see an “out of network” psychologist?
- What percentage of the testing fee am I responsible for?
If you are interested in our assessment services, please email LDA Minnesota with your name, address and telephone number. We will send you an application and set up your appointment as soon as possible.
For more information, email LDA Minnesota or call 952-582-6000.