Experienced tutors needed for part-time hourly positions.
LDA Minnesota is accepting applications for part-time teachers to provide diagnostic/prescriptive tutoring. Students are tutored individually and may be children, adolescents or adults seeking to improve their skills in reading, writing, math, study skills, or college entrance exam prep.
- A current Minnesota teaching license
- Master’s degree in Special Education or equivalent education and experience
- Experience delivering instruction to students with a learning disorder or ADHD
- Experience measuring and documenting ongoing academic progress
- Experience with multi-sensory strategies, such as Orton Gillingham
Hours are flexible, but tutoring typically occurs weekdays between 4:00-8:00 p.m. during the school year. Weekday morning and afternoon hours during summer months are also common. No weekend hours. Tutoring may occur at LDA’s office, in client homes or in community-based locations such as libraries or schools.
Final candidates must pass a background check and documentation to work in the U.S. is required.
To apply, please send letter of interest that includes your reason for wanting to tutor struggling learners, along with a current resume to:
Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of your email should be “Tutor Position”.